Get Involved in the Get Real Club
Our Mission Statement:
The mission of the Get Real Club of John Paul II Catholic High School is to promote the sanctity of life from conception to natural death through prayer, service, and education.
Our Patron Saint:
St. Gianna Beretta Molla, Canonized by Blessed John Paul II on May 16, 2004
National Pro-Life T-shirt Week:
It is approaching! National Pro-Life T-shirt Week is April 24-30 this year. The 2012 t-shirt is found on the National Pro-life T-shirt Week website (second from last link in the side panel). We will be allowed to wear pro-life t-shirts all week. Here is the outline of our week:
Begin door decorating contest
Picture yourself! Take a picture of yourself in your pro-life t-shirt for our pro-life picture collage.
We will take a trip up to the Planned Parenthood in San Antonio to pray on the sidewalk. We're taking the 11-noon time bracket and will hopefully take the bus. We will need to meet up at the school at 10 am so that we are sure to leave on time. Sign up at the front office. Parents and guests are welcome.
We ask you if you find it appropriate to wear a pro-life t-shirt to whatever Mass you attend. This is part of evangelizing. Be a walking witness!
We will say a rosary with a balloon rosary during solidarity time and then release it when we're finished.
Become an officer:
Next year the presidents of the Get Real club would really apprieciate formal help. They have put a lot of effort into the club and would like to continue to provide the school with pro-life opportunities and activities. But it is a tough job for only two people to do by themselves on top of sports and school. The more people who would be willing to step up and balance the work, the less effort everyone would have to put into it. If you are not going to be involved in STUCCO, please consider running for a Get Real club office.
It seems that if one applies something to their own life that it will be more meaningful. We invite you to think for a moment. Think about a child close to you such as a sibling or a cousin or a friend. Look at that child and meditate on this: that child had 1/3 of a chance of survival because of abortion in our country. That child could be nonexistant at this time. That child who you probably have oo-ed and aw-ed over because he/she is so adorable has changed the life of his/her parents and even you. That child was given a chance at life. Now we challenge you to help other children to have that same chance.
How to get involved:
- Our meetings are open to all JPII students. No commitment is necessary. Just come if you want to.
- Families can always donate to Gabriel Project. They are always in need of diapers, blankets for the mothers and the babies, and burp rags.
- If your a crafty person and you want to make something for Gabriel Project or another pro-life ministry, you can make mostly anything for mothers or babies, e.i., stuffed animals, clothes, shawls, etc.
- Pray every day!
- Parents! - If you are worried about your child going to a 40 Days for Life, we encourage you to go to one yourself. Many families go and pray in front of the Planned Parenthood centers with their young children. The best time for children to go is on a Sunday when they're not open.
Pro-life "adopt an unborn baby" prayer:
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, I love you very much!
I beg you to spare the life of (baby's name), the
unborn baby I have spiritually adopted who is
in danger of abortion.
How the Prayer Works:
1) Choose a baby name that you feel God wants you to pray for.
2) Pray this prayer every day for 9 months.
Don't forget to pray every day for the end to abortion and for the respect of life from conception to natural death! God bless you!